Monday 9 April 2012

SHORT HAIR

This is a bit of a different post for me but it is one I have been thinking about for a while & today I finally feel like sitting down and writing it. I have drafted it a few times but I feel like my thoughts & what I want to say have changed since the drafts.

The topic of this post: hair. Short hair to be specific.

I recently read that men find long hair more 'sexy' particularly long, tousled hair - neither of which I possess as I am sure you have noted that I have a pixie crop, the 5th most desirable hair style. I will admit I was part of the long, tousled crew for most of my teens, up until I was 20 really and then the chop came. The chop was one of the best things I have ever done, without a doubt. I don't think I will ever look back to be honest. I contemplate it sometimes of course, just a little bit of hair to add some product to and blow dry till it is all silky smooth and shiny but then I don't even need to blow dry my hair when it is super short - bonus!

My short hair makes me so much sexier and womanly than my long hair ever did, to quote Halle Berry, "I feel like me with my hair like this." This was in reference to her pixie crop. I totally know where she is coming from. I feel like I am me when I have short hair whether men find it sexy or not, I feel good in myself which I think it more important than what men think about me.

Some people think that short hair especially a cropped cut which is a common sight on boys from here to Kingdom come will make them look like a boy but I doubt very highly anyone will think this of me with my boobs and bum! It makes me dress more feminine as well as I think pieces such as a heavily floral piece stands out more as I don't have masses of hair distracting. Don't get me wrong, I love long hair. I am the only one of my friends that doesn't have long hair and they all pull it off wonderfully but I like the fact that I am a minority within my social group.

This was really just a little ramble that I wanted to put out there. Let me know your thoughts

Hope you are all having a lovely Easter weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment